we will see our God at work and be glad




 "the humble will see their God at work and be glad;

may those who seek the Lord be encouraged."


After dishes and clothes and hopes were packed up into cardboard boxes and slowly (maybe still) unpacked into our new space, filling up the corners and rooms with memories and stories from our lives together and apart, my husband and I started to settle into this new place we were calling home. Each of us have moved quite a lot and we are ready, eager, to stay in one place. And with this growing child in my womb we are even more ready to see the pencil marks of evidence as our child grows, as we create traditions and rituals in this neighborhood, and for the love that is all that is beautiful and right not have to pack and unpack another moving box for a good, long time. 

Moving from and moving in is a process. The unpacked boxes we tucked away in the garage this weekend proves that. We have had the help of many family and friends as we do this yet again move. 

What I have learned in my transitions, from place to place or different jobs or churches or what have you, is that God is working in it all. And even when I don't know how just yet I trust he is working. The job opened me up to a new skill that led me to my current role or the church brought about healing in just the right time or the place I lived shaped me in a way I needed shaping. 

God uses all things, which means even our dissapointments and sufferings and trials. I must believe this or it would be easy to despair. But for now, as I settle into this new home with my new husband and this new baby growing I can see this with clarity and with joy: God used all our moving, all our mistakes, all our waiting, to bring us here. May I trust this even when it's not as clear.

Comments

Popular Posts